Monday, June 7, 2010

You are Stronger

I maintained my weight and managed to not blow this whole effort through the weekend. I must admit that I am amazed at how much work goes into losing 3 lbs. I do aerobic exercise 4 times a week, track what I eat while trying to make allowances for mistakes, don't use any of the extra points that Weight Watchers gives everyone, which is a whole days worth of food or more, and after two weeks I am still only at a 3 lb weight loss. I'd understand better if I only had about 20 lbs to lose, but come on, people! I weigh 216!!! If I'm keeping my Weight Watchers points at 20, not giving myself extra points for exercise, and am still having such slow progress, then something seems off. I decided that maybe it's not JUST about caloric intake but the source of my calories. So, Friday night I went to the store and bought all sorts of fruits and vegetables. Quite honestly, I'm expecting to have some good news on the scale tomorrow. If I don't, I just don't know if I'll endure.

I am doing this blog out of desperation. I really need help to get this weight off, because I really want to try for another baby and be as healthy as possible. However, since my husband was laid off from his job toward the end of 2008, he's been doing contract work while our Cobra benefits expired a couple of days ago. We decided that I would have plenty of time to try to get fit since having a baby wasn't a good idea under these circumstances. Can I just point out one thing... maybe two? Please notice that I said WE DECIDED. Yes, we prayed about it, but sometimes I think I am too practical to make for a very good Christian. Let me explain... We found out last week that the company that my husband has been doing contract work for is going to hire us on permanently. Though no paperwork has yet been signed, the official announcement has been made at his work place. Papers will be signed likely this week. I really anticipated that this would not happen until next year. So, in my mind, I had months to get serious about dieting. Can somebody tell me where my faith is? Had I been more a woman of faith and worked on my health in the more desperate manner like I am now, I may feel fit enough today to have a baby. Who knows. I just know that God came through with a job, but I'm still too overweight to consider getting pregnant! I decided that He wouldn't provide until NEXT YEAR, but He knew differently.

You are stronger. You are stronger. Sin is broken. You have saved me. It is written, Christ is Risen. Jesus, You are Lord of All.

We've been singing the above anthem at church on a fairly regular basis now. I love it. I can't help but raise my hands and praise Him for being stronger than my sin, for saving me from not only Satan but myself. He is stronger!

3 comments:

  1. Praising God for this permanant job and insurance... He gave the job... He can give you the strength for the weight loss too:) So happy that this job is coming to fruition:)

    I love summer with all the yummy fruits and veggies... they just don't taste as good in the winter:)
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michele you sound like you are doing great! I really understand it is so hard. I have not done well at all since school has let out on Friday. I can do o.k. if I am busy but it is really hard being so close to food. Keep up the good work the weight is harder as you get older no matter what your weight is. We are trying for #2 and I would like to lose some weight because my bra size is very big already and gets so big during pregnancy. I weighted 260 when I delivered Walker and lost the weight I gained pretty quick but took awhile to lose more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He IS stronger that anything we can come up with. Great news about Doug's job. Very good news. Just keep doing what you're doing and it will happen.

    ReplyDelete