Friday, June 4, 2010

On Wednesday morning I weighed only to find out that I somehow had gained 3 lbs. There I was, back at the beginning again. I wanted to go back to bed. I've had better nightmares than this. As a coping mechanism, I convinced myself I needed to go to the doctor. Surely there is something dreadfully wrong with me if I can't lose weight any better than this. Haven't you heard about those women who go to the doctor to find out they have tumors the size of globes growing inside of them? I'm convinced mine is just beneath my belly button. I shouldn't joke. But, sometimes I feel if I don't find some humor somewhere, I'll cry.

A lot of people will blame weight gain on hormones. I do know that women swell before, and sometimes during, their cycle. However, if it's not THAT time, I'm always very careful about blaming anything on my hormones. What if they hear me? I mean, I NEED them not to pack up and go home. I'm turning 40 and want another baby. This means, I must be very kind to my hormones. So, if I gain 3 lbs and it's NOT the beginning of my cycle, or in the middle of ovulation, my hormones are innocent. HEAR ME? Innocent!

Fortunately, this morning I had again lost my 3 lbs. I'm tracking every bite like crazy in an attempt to take full responsibility for those 3 lbs by perhaps having not been as precise in my tracking as I should have. So, just a minute ago I shared a frozen peach treat with my son. This stuff is sold in the canned fruit section of my grocery store. Tasted and smelled like peaches. Seemed fairly harmless. Then, I needed to figure out how many points I had if I only ate half. I was seriously thinking it would be half a point, maybe one full point. But, it was TWO points! What a scam! Live and learn, people. I could have had TWO Oreo cookies.

Last night we went to a Tulsa Drillers game in a suite with free food provided. Amazingly, they had burgers, chips, hot dogs, chips/dip, cookies, pop, and all sorts of other yum. BUT, they also had grilled chicken, beans, and a veggie tray. I was pretty satisfied with the choices I made to eat right.

Here's what I've eaten so far today:

1 1/4 c. Kix cereal (2 pnts)
1 c skim milk (2 pnts)
fat free dog with bun, mustard (1 pnt)
1 oz potato chips made with Olestra (1 pnt)
1 Oreo (1 pnt)
1 small apple (1 pnt)

Not too bad! Boogied in Zumba this morning and did circuit training with skinny Amy yesterday!

A special thanks to Sweet Sara for commenting on my last post. It encourages me!

1 comment:

  1. Go Michele Go, you can do it... sounds like good choices. Just spoke with a lady from church whose daughter is really struggling with her miscarriage last October... invited her to MEND:) Praying for you!
    Sara

    ReplyDelete