Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Always a Price to Pay

215.6 I'm not sure if I really lost a pound or if I just lost water weight since the weather is so much cooler outside today than usual, but... hey... I'll take what I can get.

Weight loss is fun, but doing all the work to get the weight off... not so fun. My mom wanted us to go out to breakfast today and then shopping. Initially, I thought it was doable. We were going to go to Mimi's, where they are known for trying to cook things fairly healthily and offer fruit and other options. But, Mimi's didn't work out, and we ended up at IHOP. Now, I've got to say, pancakes are not the worse things in the world you can eat when dieting. It's the butter, syrup, sausage, and bacon that will kill you. We split an order of pancakes, and I went extra light on the butter. (Fortunately it hadn't all melted into the pancakes yet.) Then I ate part of a sausage link. It's hard to judge how much syrup I used, but all-in-all I'm going to say that I probably ate about 13 points worth of food. The price I must pay for this fun: Now I only have 7 points of food left. So, I had a mini bag of light popcorn for lunch (1 pnt). Tonight I will fix hamburger patties made of 94% fat free meat with zucchini, corn, and green beans! I think I'll make it through this day without blowing it. Just 8 more hours until this day is through. If you could hear my son screaming right now, you'd know that I am saying this not JUST because I'm trying to get through the diet! He fell asleep on the way home from shopping, so he had a 30 minute power nap, prohibiting him from taking his regular two-hour nap. I had thought that going somewhere with his grandmother in the morning would make the day go by faster. The price I'm paying: No free time today.

There is a price to pay for everything!

No comments:

Post a Comment